The team at Jebaily Law Firm provides skilled and supportive legal services to clients who are living with painful injuries caused by someone else’s carelessness. With over 100 years of combined legal experience, our lawyers have won millions of dollars in compensation for victims in Chesterfield and throughout South Carolina.
Personal Injury Law Firm in Chesterfield, SC
Our sympathetic personal injury lawyers have seen how an injury can hurt the body, mind and spirit. We realize that money can’t possibly make up for every loss. But our years of practice have shown that compensation can help injured people regain financial stability and plan for the future. Let us show you, too.
All initial consultations at Jebaily Law Firm are free and confidential. During our time together, we will provide a thorough claim review and give an honest opinion about your legal options. You have nothing to lose. If you’ve been injured and are facing a mountain of medical bills and other expenses, contact us today.
How Our Chesterfield Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Our lawyers can help you navigate through the many legal processes in Chesterfield including personal injury, Social Security, and worker’s compensation. Personal injury laws in South Carolina are complex. We can explain the statutes in everyday terms so that you always understand exactly what is happening with your case. Our goal is to minimize the disruption that your claim may have on your life so that you can focus on healing.
A big hurdle to overcome in any personal injury claim is dealing with insurance companies. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be working with multiple insurers, including your own. It’s a guarantee that they will want to investigate your injury claim thoroughly before making a settlement offer. But insurance companies are notorious for making unfair offers that don’t nearly cover the extent of injured people’s losses.
Our lawyers will aggressively advocate for you to prevent you from receiving the same unjust treatment. We do that by:
- Handling all calls, documents and negotiations with insurance companies
- Collecting evidence to support your claim (medical records, proof of lost wages, police reports, photographs, witness statements and expert opinions).
- Providing proof of negligence
- Fighting claim denials
- Filing all court documents on time
- Advising you about your options for trial if settlement negotiations fail
Most personal injury cases can be resolved outside of court. However, Jebaily Law Firm is always fully prepared to go to trial in pursuit of a just recovery for you.
Our Chesterfield Personal Injury Practice Areas
Since our firm’s founding for over 50 years, our lawyers have handled accident claims arising out of all sorts of circumstances. We have learned an essential lesson that dictates the way we practice law: Every accident is different, and every injury is unique. That’s why we tailor each case we have to match our clients’ needs and objectives.
We handle claims stemming from incidents involving:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Dog Bites
- Defective products
- Dangerous property conditions
- Pedestrian collisions
- Bicycle crashes
- Wrongful death
- Social Security Disability
- And more
Common Types of Injuries in Chesterfield Accidents
Getting back to daily life can be incredibly difficult after an accident. We help personal injury clients who are coping with the results of significant trauma, such as:
- Traumatic brain injury – Brain injuries can result in permanent disabilities and cognitive changes that make it difficult for a person to work or manage daily affairs. But insurers can make TBI cases difficult, even when someone else’s negligence is clearly established. A TBI is often called an invisible injury. In other words, the person appears normal on the outside but suffers from significant internal impairments. Our lawyers can use medical records, neuropsychological test results, images, expert opinion, and testimony from friends and family to prove your case.
- Spinal cord injury – Catastrophic spinal cord injuries can result in permanent paralysis and extensive bodily complications. The estimated lifetime costs for someone living with an SCI often exceeds the million-dollar mark. Compensation can help victims and caregivers with medical expenses and other hardships resulting from the accident.
- Broken bones – Fractures are common results of many different types of accidents. Whether you fell down poorly maintained steps in an apartment complex or were hit by a car on your bike, we will build a case that holds the responsible party liable for their recklessness.
- Soft tissue injury – Whiplash is a common soft tissue injury resulting from a car accident. We also represent clients who suffered other soft tissues injuries such as muscle tears, sprained ligaments, stretched tendons, nerve damage and painful bruising. Insurance companies tend to question these injuries because they don’t always show up on x-rays. Your own report of the injuries may not be enough to convince them to compensate you fairly. A personal injury lawyer can assist you in getting the evidence you need for a proper settlement.
- Dog bite wounds – South Carolina has a simple dog bite law. If you were bitten in a public place or while you were legally on a private property, the owner of the dog will be liable for your injuries. However, your ability to recover money can be limited if the dog was antagonized or provoked. It’s important to contact a lawyer if you have been attacked by a dog. Bites can cause devastating and costly injuries such as lacerations, scarring, disfigurement and amputation.
What Types of Compensation Are Available to Me in Chesterfield?
Our Chesterfield personal injury lawyers are proud of our results for our clients. While we cannot guarantee the same outcome for you, we only accept cases that we believe have merit. South Carolina law allows accident victims to obtain compensation for losses such as:
- Medical expenses (including anticipated future costs)
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Renovations to your home to accommodate your new medical needs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
It’s important to remember that South Carolina has a statute of limitations or deadline for filing personal injury lawsuits. You have three years from the date of the injury or illness to file for compensation. The deadline is reduced to two years if the defendant is a government entity.
Although there are some very narrow exceptions to the rule, failure to meet the deadline means you cannot pursue compensation in virtually all cases. You should discuss your situation with an experienced lawyer. Even if you think you may have waited too long, it’s still a good idea to have an experienced lawyer review your case.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Chesterfield Can Get Started Now
Working with Jebaily Law Firm ensures you a legal team that is professional, compassionate and dedicated to protecting your rights. We can begin work on your case today. Call us or contact us online now to arrange your free consultation.