Suffering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be one of the most difficult things that you or a loved one can go through. These injuries can affect you mentally, physically, and emotionally. Up to twenty percent of those who suffer from TBIs will never recover and those who do face a long and difficult challenge. Beyond this, they often face time-consuming and expensive treatments that cause a major impact on their life. This frustrating situation is made worse when the injury you have suffered was caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions. Our Myrtle Beach traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer at Jebaily Law Firm can help you to get the compensation that you deserve for the harm that you have suffered.
How Can Our Lawyers Assist You With Your TBI Case?
There are many ways that our trusted Myrtle Beach TBI lawyer can help you with your traumatic brain injury case in South Carolina. They include offering compassionate, comprehensive advice to individuals who have suffered from a TBI because of someone else’s actions. We can review your case for free as a part of your initial consultation. If you are unable to visit our Myrtle Beach office, we can come to you. We can also review your case over the phone or online.
What Are the Common Causes of TBI in South Carolina?
There are many ways that traumatic brain injuries can occur. The most common causes of injury that may lead to legal claims brought forward with the assistance of our personal injury attorneys in Myrtle Beach include:
- Traffic Accidents – It is common for individuals involved in traffic accidents to hit their heads. This can lead to traumatic brain injury. It is a problem that is particularly common for those involved in pedestrian and bicycle accidents involving a motor vehicle.
- Construction Accidents – There are a number of hazards on construction sites that can lead to accidents. They can range from falls and getting struck by objects to motor vehicle and large equipment accidents. All of these situations can lead to a TBI.
- Slips/Falls – Around 40 percent of all brain injuries result from slips and falls. These accidents often lead to the individual hitting their head. This can lead to damage as severe as a traumatic brain injury.
- Assault – Victims of assault often sustain head injuries as a result of being attacked by knives and blunt objects or sustaining gunshot wounds. This is another common cause of TBIs.
- Sports Injuries – Sports like boxing, football, mixed martial arts, soccer, and hockey are notorious for head injuries. Leagues that fail to enact property precautions for participants can face legal action due to resulting TBIs.
- Workplace Injuries – Workplace accidents are yet another common source of traumatic brain injury in the state of South Carolina each year. Employees who sustain injuries generally must pursue workers’ compensation benefits unless specific criteria are met for them to launch a legal claim against their employer.
- Birth Injuries – When doctors make errors during the delivery process of a birth, infants can suffer brain injuries. These injuries are often caused when vacuums or forceps are misused. They can also occur if the infant gets pulled against the pelvic bone.
- Falling Object Injuries – TBIs from falling objects are a common issue each year in South Carolina. They often result from heavy objects that fall from heights and strike an individual in the head.
- Swimming Pool Accidents – Slips and falls around swimming pools are common sources of trauma to the brain. Each year, there are also many South Carolina residents who are injured in near-drowning events due to a lack of oxygen to the brain.
- Accidents and Abuse That Occur Nursing Home Settings – It is an unfortunate fact that there are many nursing home residents that sustain TBIs each year in South Carolina. These often result from accidents due to the negligence of nursing home staff. Residents also commonly sustain injury when struck in the neck, face, or head by abusive staff members.
What Damages Can You Recover in Your Traumatic Brain Injury Case?
South Carolina law states that you are entitled to recover damages both economic and non-economic if you suffered from a TBI because of the negligent actions of another party. Economic damages include coverage of your financial losses while non-economic damages provide you with compensation for the pain and suffering that you have endured. Our brain injury attorney in Myrtle Beach at Jebaily Law Firm can help you to get the compensation that you deserve if you are the victim of a TBI that was caused because another party was negligent or reckless.
The types of damages that our Myrtle Beach serious head injury lawyer can help you to recover include:
- Emergency surgeries
- Extended hospital stays
- Lab testing
- Brain scans
- Assistive devices
- Ongoing care
- Mobility equipment
Physical Therapy Expenses
Recovery from a traumatic brain injury often requires you to go through an extensive process of physical rehabilitation. This is because TBIs often lead to reduced mobility, loss of balance/coordination, and muscle weakness, among other physical issues.
Occupational Therapy Expenses
The cognitive impairment that can result from a TBI can lead to the need to undergo occupational therapy to relearn to do basic tasks.
Filing a personal injury claim can allow you to recover the money that you have lost while being unable to work due to a TBI.
Physical and Mental Pain/Suffering
The consequences of a TBI include both physical and mental pain and suffering. From problems like seizures, headaches, vomiting, and dizziness to nightmares, PTSD, depression, and anxiety, these issues can dramatically compromise your quality of life.
Get Help from a Trusted South Carolina TBI Attorney
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a traumatic brain injury that was caused by someone else’s actions, you should schedule a consultation with our Myrtle Beach traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer at Jebaily Law Firm. Our legal team will provide you with an immediate, free review of your case.