Each day, we share the roads of the Myrtle Beach area and the rest of South Carolina with tractor-trailers and other types of trucks that can end up stretching as long as 53 feet. Many of these trucks can also weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. Due to their significant size and weight, these vehicles represent a number of safety risks. Each year, many large, commercial trucks are involved in crashes that result in serious and even deadly injuries to those who are involved.
If you have suffered injury or lost someone that you love in a crash with a tractor-trailer, our Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer here at Jebaily Law Firm can help. We have a deep understanding of the seriousness of these types of accidents. Our team has years of experience in helping clients to face the unique challenges that truck accident claims involve. When you choose our semi-truck accident law firm, we will quickly move to:
- Gather and carefully preserve all relevant evidence
- Protect your legal rights
- Work to make sure you get full, fair compensation for the injuries you have sustained
How Will an Attorney Help If I am in an Accident Involving a Large Truck?
When you turn to our truck accident lawyer here at Jebaily Law Firm, you will receive a free, immediate consultation for your truck accident case. In this consultation, we will discuss the specifics of your case by phone or you can meet with us at our office in Myrtle Beach. We can also visit you at your home or in the hospital.
If our semi-Truck accident lawyers represent you, we will immediately get started on your case. Our team can do the following:
- Investigate the Specifics of Your Crash – We have the type of experience necessary to know what it takes to determine how a wreck happened and who should be held responsible for the physical, financial and emotional harm that you have suffered through. In certain cases, we might have to send a notice letter to the court to get an order to preserve evidence or to request access to evidence.
- Consult With Relevant Experts – Our team regularly works with knowledgeable experts from fields that are relevant to your case. This includes experts in accident reconstruction as well as medical experts, engineers, mechanics and life-care planners. These experts can assist us in determining the cause of your truck crash and the extent of the damages that you have suffered.
- Pursue an Appropriate Settlement – Our experienced team of litigators know how to prepare truck accident cases to go to trial. Our detailed preparation allows us to come to a resolution regarding many truck accident lawsuits and other types of motor vehicle accident cases by way of a pre-trial settlement.
- Go to Court to Represent You – If one or more of the parties that were involved in your truck accident case are unwilling to make a settlement that fully, fairly compensates you for your losses, our semi-truck accident law firm is ready to present a strong case for you in state or federal court. Here at Jebaily Law, we pride ourselves in being skilled trial attorneys and have the track record of success to back this statement up.
Truck Driver Regulations in the State of South Carolina
The FMCSA is responsible for enforcing regulations that truck drivers must adhere to in the state of South Carolina. This is because of the risks involved with these large, commercial trucks. These regulations include:
- The maintenance of detailed logbooks that document hours driven
- Documentation of all rest breaks/hours of service
- Ensuring compliance with all scheduled, legally-mandated maintenance requirements
- Proper loading of cargo (Including hazardous materials)
- Ensuring that drivers are on the road no more than 11 hours per day
- Taking required rest breaks
- Ensuring that drivers are not using alcohol or controlled substances while on the job
What Is the Claim Filing Process After Being Hit By a Truck?
If you have been hit by a large truck here in South Carolina, it is important to reach out to our truck accident lawyer at Jebaily Law Firm right away. You want to avoid giving any statements to representatives from the trucking company or the truck driver’s insurance provider. It is also important to avoid signing any documents. This includes early settlement offers or authorizations to release your medical information.
When you meet with our legal team, we will examine the facts of your case to determine the merits of your potential claim. If possible, you want to bring along any available pictures of the accident scene, the damage to the vehicles, and the injuries you suffered. We also recommend bringing lists of witnesses who saw what occurred. We will also review your medical reports and copies of your medical bills.
The Most Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents in South Carolina
There are many factors that can contribute to semi-truck accidents. Driver error is one of the leading factors that cause these accidents. These driver errors include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Brake Issues
Other factors that can also play a role in semi-truck accidents include:
- Defective road conditions
- Defective truck parts
Contact an Experienced Myrtle Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
You might not be sure how to move forward if you have been seriously injured in a semi-truck accident. In many cases, you may simply be glad to still be alive. At the same time, you may have suffered from injuries that have caused you great loss physically, financially, and mentally. Consulting with our Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer regarding your legal options is a key step forward in your case.
Our team will listen intently to your concerns and provide you with the answers to any questions that you have free of charge. Having accurate information about your legal options allows you to make decisions that are well-informed when it comes to how you move forward. You can count on our truck accident lawyer to be on your side. This can help to reduce the anxiety you may feel after suffering a serious accident. Our legal professionals want to help you put your semi-truck accident injuries behind you. This is crucial when it comes to your goal of moving forward in your life.