Myrtle Beach attracts 14 million tourists to its sandy shores every year. Sadly, the huge population increase also means that car accidents are more likely to happen. Recent statistics show that more people are injured in crashes in Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach than anywhere else in Horry County.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation to help with the cost of medical bills and other accident-related expenses. Contacting an experienced Myrtle Beach personal injury lawyer is a good first step toward protecting your legal rights.
Being in a car accident is unsettling at best, and tragic at worst. Even a seemingly minor injury could prevent you from working for a period of time and affect your quality of life. Collisions are also a leading cause of catastrophic injuries and death nationwide, leaving victims and their families emotionally and financially devastated.
The Jebaily Law Firm is dedicated to pursuing justice for people who have been injured by someone else’s recklessness. We provide free consultations with no strings attached for car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, workers compensation claims, defective products, dog bites, premise liability and much more. Call or contact online our Myrtle Beach office today to learn how we can help you.
Car Accident Lawyer Myrtle Beach: Types of Accidents
Many of South Carolina crashes are caused by another motorist’s negligence. Drivers who choose to text behind the wheel, drive drunk or speed on roads along the Grand Strand endanger the lives of drivers, passengers, bicyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians alike. While some accidents are unavoidable, most are preventable simply by driving responsibly. For whatever reason, that doesn’t always happen, and the outcomes can be heartbreaking.
Car accidents come in many forms:
- Rear-End Accidents. Striking another car from behind is the most common type of crash. It can happen in an instant — in just the seconds it takes to answer a cell phone, fiddle with the GPS or change the radio station. Many people suffer from whiplash after a rear-end collision. The sudden force of impact causes the neck to snap back and then forward quickly, straining the muscles and ligaments in the neck.
- Side Impact (also known as T-bone or Sideswipe). The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety estimates that a quarter of all traffic deaths are the result side-impact crashes. A T-bone accident occurs when one vehicle’s front end collides with the side of another car, forming the shape of the letter T. This type of accident often occurs at intersections when one driver fails to yield. A sidewipe happens when two vehicles driving next to each other collide, often when someone makes an unsafe lane change. Cars equipped with side airbags can help to cushion the force of side crashes and reduce the severity of an injury. But even cars equipped with all of today’s best safety features cannot always protect someone from the violence of a wreck.
- Head-on Collisions. Head-on collisions are also known as front-end accidents. Like the name implies, head-on wrecks occur when two vehicles traveling in the opposite directions collide. Head-on collisions are particularly likely to cause catastrophic injuries and death. Even at low speeds, a head-on crash can cause back, neck and head trauma that leaves victims with massive medical bills and lifelong disabilities. Negligent actions that can lead to head-on accidents include drunk or drugged drivers, fatigued drivers, distracted drivers or poorly maintained roadways and signage.
- Rollover Accidents. Vehicle rollovers are widely believed to be the deadliest type of car accident. They happen when vehicle tips on its side or flips completely. Rollovers may be the result of irresponsible driver behavior, environmental factors, vehicle design or defective tires. Cars that are tall or narrow are more likely to roll over, but any vehicle is capable of being involved in a rollover wreck. A number of parties may be held liable in a rollover crash, including the driver, vehicle manufacturer, or the agency responsible for maintaining the road where the crash occurred. It’s important to consult with a Myrtle Beach car accident lawyer to discuss possible defendants if you’ve been in a rollover crash.
Serious Injuries from a Myrtle Beach Car Accident
We know that car accident injuries can disrupt every aspect of your life. Sometimes the disruption is life-altering, which is often the case in accidents involving traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, burns and disfigurement. But even if injuries such as broken bones and muscle strains heal fully, many car accident victims may be left with significant medical debt, property damage, wage loss and pain and suffering. Don’t make the mistake of believing that a full recovery means that you can’t receive compensation in a lawsuit.
A few examples of compensable injuries in a car accident case include:
- Brain/head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis
- Neck trauma/whiplash
- Bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Chest damage
- Ligament and muscle strains, sprains and tears
- Emotional distress
How Our Myrtle Beach Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Taking legal action may be the last thing on your mind after a car accident. However, we strongly encourage you to consider your options as soon as possible. Our law firm offers free consultations to car accident victims and their families. You are never under any obligation to hire us, but knowledge is power. The Jebaily Law Firm is committed to empowering its clients.
Our car accident attorneys prepare every case thoroughly by searching for compensation and from every liable party. We can:
- Investigate your claim.
- Take over all negotiations with insurance companies.
- Gather medical records, police reports, photographs and physical evidence from the accident scene.
- Interview eyewitnesses.
- Hire experts such as doctors, psychologists, accident reconstruction specialists, and financial advisors to support your case (if necessary).
- Keep you informed on the progress of your case.
- Answer any questions or concerns.
- Advise you on whether it’s better to accept a settlement or go to trial.
- Consult you before making any decisions about your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Myrtle Beach: Get Help Today
Our goal is to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve based on a full and fair evaluation of your claim. Jebaily Law Firm only takes cases that we truly believe have merit. And we get paid only if we obtain a recovery on your behalf.
If you have been injured in a Myrtle Beach auto accident, we can get started today. Call us or contact us online now for a no-cost consultation.