As the popularity of rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber increases, so does the frequency of rideshare accidents in Myrtle Beach. If you’ve suffered injuries in a crash involving a Lyft or Uber vehicle, you could have options for pursuing compensation for your medical bills and other losses.
Let a Myrtle Beach Lyft & Uber accident lawyer from Jebaily Law Firm help you seek the financial relief you deserve. We’ve advocated for the rights of injury victims in South Carolina for over 50 years. We’re ready to put our experience and resources to work for you.
Contact us today for a free initial case review to learn more about your legal options after a rideshare accident.
Common Types and Causes of Lyft and Uber Accidents in Myrtle Beach
Some of the most common types of Uber and Lyft accidents that occur in Myrtle Beach include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- Side-impact or T-bone collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Lyft and Uber accidents occur for various reasons, but driver error typically plays a role. Here are some of the most common causes of car accidents involving rideshare vehicles:
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Turning, changing lanes, or pulling into traffic without signaling and checking mirrors
- Distracted driving, especially using the mobile rideshare app while driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless driving, including excessive speeding or swerving in and out of traffic
Injuries and Damages from Lyft and Uber Accidents
Lyft and Uber accidents can cause a wide range of injuries to rideshare passengers, occupants of other vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians. Some examples of injuries that occur in Lyft and Uber accidents in Myrtle Beach include:
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation or limb loss
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament, muscle, and tendon sprains and tears
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Herniated spinal discs
- Severe lacerations and abrasions
When and How Uber and Lyft Insurance Could Apply
In South Carolina, rideshare drivers must carry the minimum liability insurance required for motorists. These minimum policy limits include:
- $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident of bodily injury liability coverage
- $25,000 per accident of property damage liability coverage
South Carolina also requires rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber to maintain additional insurance coverage for their drivers. However, whether a rideshare company’s insurance applies depends on the rideshare driver’s status at the time of an accident:
- The driver is not logged in to the rideshare mobile application – The rideshare driver’s auto insurance applies.
- The driver is logged in to the mobile app but does not have an active ride request – The rideshare company’s insurance applies with limits of $50,000 per person, $100,000 per accident of bodily injury liability coverage, and $25,000 per accident of property damage liability coverage.
- The driver has accepted a ride request or has a passenger in the vehicle – The rideshare company’s insurance applies with $1 million of combined liability coverage plus uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage for any rideshare passengers.
Types of Compensation Available in Myrtle Beach Lyft and Uber Accidents
In a Lyft or Uber accident claim, you may have the right to pursue compensation for losses you sustain due to injuries and property damage from the crash. You might be entitled to money for the following:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Costs of long-term care for permanent disabilities
- Past, ongoing, and future losses of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life due to disabilities, permanent scarring, and disfigurement
- Vehicle repairs or reimbursement for your totaled car or other damaged property
Steps to Take After a Lyft or Uber Accident
If you’ve been in an accident with a Lyft or Uber vehicle in Myrtle Beach, you can take steps to protect your health and safety and preserve your right to pursue compensation. You should do the following:
- Seek prompt medical attention to diagnose and treat injuries you suffered in the accident.
- Report the accident to the authorities and obtain a copy of the police accident report.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment instructions.
- Request copies of medical records for your treatment and rehabilitation.
- Report the accident to the rideshare company through the mobile app or the company’s website.
- Gather any evidence you obtained at the accident scene, such as photos, videos, or witness statements.
- Keep bills, invoices, and receipts of your expenses from the accident. Find copies of your pay stubs or income statements if you’ve lost earnings due to injuries.
- Contact a Myrtle Beach Lyft injury lawyer from Jebaily Law Firm to discuss your legal options in a free and confidential claim evaluation.
How Our Myrtle Beach Rideshare Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you’ve been injured in a rideshare accident, you need to focus on healing and moving forward. Let a Myrtle Beach rideshare accident lawyer from Jebaily Law Firm handle all the details of your legal claims so you can devote your time and energy to your treatment and rehabilitation.
Our experienced attorneys can help you by:
- Investigating the crash and securing evidence to prove how the rideshare driver or other parties caused the accident
- Documenting your injuries and losses to calculate how much compensation you deserve
- Identifying all liable parties and sources of compensation, such as insurance coverage
- Filing insurance claims or demand letters on your behalf and communicating with insurance adjusters and company representatives
- Negotiating for a fair settlement from a position of strength
- Taking your case to trial when necessary to fight for the financial relief you need
Contact Our Myrtle Beach Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers Now
If you suffered losses in an Uber or Lyft accident in Myrtle Beach, get legal help to seek compensation. With over 100 years of combined legal experience, Jebaily Law Firm’s attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and resources to handle the most complex rideshare accident claims.
You can expect us to treat you like family, promptly responding to your calls and emails when you need our help. We will work tirelessly to pursue the best possible results for you. We’re ready to start on your case now.
Contact Jebaily Law Firm today for a free no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal options with our Myrtle Beach Uber and Lyft accident lawyers.