If you have suffered an injury or illness at work, an experienced North Myrtle Beach work injury attorney from Jebaily Law Firm can help you pursue the maximum benefits you deserve. Don’t spend time worrying about how to get the medical treatment you need or fretting about how you’re going to pay the bills while you’re off work. Let us put our experience and skills to work for you.
Contact us now for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you.
Why You Need Our Firm After a Workplace Accident in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
While most injured workers in North Myrtle Beach have a right to worker’s compensation benefits after suffering injuries in a workplace accident, many run into challenges when trying to claim them. Filing a workers’ compensation claim or third-party personal injury case requires dealing with an insurance company, and the process is seldom straightforward. The bureaucracy and red tape many people encounter in the claims process can leave them feeling frustrated after their claims have been denied or undervalued.
Our South Carolina workplace injury law firm has been successfully securing favorable results for injured workers for more than 50 years. We know how to deal with insurance companies and present claims with high chances of success. Whether you have recently suffered an injury or your injury claim has been denied, a North Myrtle Beach work injury lawyer from Jebaily Law Firm can put you on the path toward your rightful compensation.
Common Types and Causes of Work Injuries in North Myrtle Beach, SC
Common causes of work injuries in North Myrtle Beach include:
- Lifting injuries – Improper lifting techniques and attempting to lift loads that are too heavy commonly cause these serious injuries.
- Motor vehicle accidents – If a car accident occurred while a worker was driving as a part of their job duties, workers’ compensation benefits could be available for any injuries suffered in the crash.
- Falls from a height – Faulty equipment or safety gear can contribute to these accidents.
- Machine-related injuries – Lack of guarding and improper lockout procedures are frequent causes of machinery accidents. Defective products can also be a factor.
- Repetitive motion injuries – Tasks involving performing the same repeated motion can result in carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, bursitis, and other repetitive motion injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents – Wet, slippery floors in workplaces can easily cause employees to fall and suffer injuries.
Occupations at High Risk for Workplace Accidents in North Myrtle Beach
While accidents can happen in virtually any workplace, some professions have inherently higher risks. Some occupations in North Myrtle Beach with elevated risks of work injuries include:
- Construction – Dangerous work at heights, heavy lifting, machinery accidents, and motor vehicle crashes make construction one of the most hazardous industries.
- Manufacturing – Exposure to dangerous machinery and repetitive motions contribute to injuries in factory work.
- Healthcare – Lifting patients, potential infectious exposures, slip-and-falls, and workplace violence threaten healthcare workers.
- Police and firefighters – First responders risk vehicle collisions, traumatic injuries, and hazardous exposures while protecting the public.
- Warehousing – Lifting heavy loads, operating forklifts, and repetitive motions make warehouses high-risk workplaces. Retail employees also face similar risks.
- Truck driving – Motor vehicle accidents and back injuries are hazards related to being a trucker.
- Mechanics and tow operations – Working with motor vehicles poses an increased threat of many types of injuries.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Injured Workers in North Myrtle Beach, SC
Generally, South Carolina law mandates employers with four or more employees to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Exceptions to this rule include:
- Casual employees
- Agricultural workers and those selling agricultural products
- Railroad or railway express company workers
- Employers whose payroll in the past year was under $3,000
- Licensed real estate agents employed by a broker
- Federal employees
If these exceptions do not apply to you, you are likely entitled to workers’ compensation benefits for most injuries you suffer on the job. These benefits include partial income replacement for missed time at work, as well as medical expenses from your work-related illness or injury. Furthermore, workers’ comp insurance provides benefits to the family of an employee who loses their life from work-related injury or illness.
Our knowledgeable North Myrtle Beach work injury attorneys can help you understand which benefits apply to your situation and guide you through the South Carolina workers’ compensation process.
Third-Party Claims in Work-Related Injuries
If you suffer on-the-job injuries in an accident due to a third party’s negligent or intentional actions, you can file a third-party claim as well as a workers’ comp claim. For example, if you drive a delivery truck for your employer and another motorist causes a crash that injures you, you can file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver.
A third-party personal injury claim can provide additional compensation, including the full amount of your lost wages from missed time at work (workers’ comp wage replacement benefits cover only a portion of the worker’s pre-injury wages). A third-party injury claim can also allow you to recover compensation for intangible losses such as pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. Our North Myrtle Beach personal injury attorneys can help you maximize your compensation from all available sources.
How Our Work Injury Lawyers Can Help You After an Accident
The North Myrtle Beach work injury lawyers at Jebaily Law Firm are ready to provide valuable assistance for workers’ compensation claims and third-party personal injury lawsuits by:
- Investigating the accident to gather evidence in support of your claim
- Calculating the total value of your losses, including medical bills, hospital treatments, lost wages, temporary total disability, ongoing medical care, and other compensation
- Compiling evidence and working with expert witnesses, if necessary
- Negotiating with the insurance companies for the maximum benefits and compensation you deserve
- Pursuing an appeal in a timely manner if your workers’ compensation claim is denied or undervalued
- Pursuing any potential third-party claims that could provide additional compensation
- Representing you in negotiations, at hearings, in court, and in any other proceedings related to your case
Let us handle the complicated legal issues so you can focus on healing after a workplace accident in North Myrtle Beach.
Talk to Our North Myrtle Beach Work Injury Attorneys Now
Workplace injuries never come at a good time. They can cause excruciating pain, require extensive and expensive medical care, and entail long recovery times that cause lost income.
The North Myrtle Beach workplace accident attorneys at Jebaily Law Firm believe no employee should have to shoulder the burden of their injuries alone. We are here to stand up for your rights and work toward securing the full and fair benefits you deserve.
Call us today or contact us online for a free case review with a North Myrtle Beach workers’ compensation lawyer. Let us get to work for you.