Were you injured in a truck accident in North Myrtle Beach? If your truck crash was caused by the carelessness or recklessness of a truck driver, trucking company, or other party, you can pursue financial compensation for your losses. Unfortunately, corporations and their insurers often try to delay or deny paying injured accident victims the money they need. An experienced North Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer from Jebaily Law Firm can help you demand justice.
Since 1969, the attorneys of Jebaily Law Firm have dedicated their careers to helping the people of North Myrtle Beach and South Carolina get back on their feet after devastating accidents. We believe that the work we do not only protects the rights and interests of our clients, but also helps improve the safety and well-being of our community.
Contact us today for a free case review to discuss your legal rights with a trusted North Myrtle Beach truck accident attorney.
How a Truck Accident Attorney in North Myrtle Beach Can Help You
After a serious crash, you shouldn’t be left to pay for someone else’s mistake. A North Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer can help take the pressure off you during this difficult time.
You can count on the team at Jebaily Law Firm to:
- Quickly launch an investigation of the truck accident to preserve and recover critical evidence before it is lost or destroyed
- Collaborate with accident reconstruction and trucking industry experts where necessary to review the evidence, determine how the crash occurred, and identify the at-fault party or parties
- Identify insurance coverages and other potential sources of compensation for your losses
- File insurance claims on your behalf and assertively pursue a full truck accident settlement as efficiently as possible
- Take your case to trial, if necessary, to pursue the compensation you deserve under the facts and law in your case
Who Can You Sue in a North Myrtle Beach Truck Accident Lawsuit?
Many people automatically assume that a truck accident was caused by a truck driver’s negligence or recklessness. While many truck crashes can be attributed to a driver’s actions or omissions, other parties may bear liability for an accident and the injuries you suffered.
Potentially liable parties in a truck accident claim include:
- The truck driver, who may be responsible for negligent actions such as driving while fatigued or impaired
- The trucking company, which may be held liable for the truck driver’s actions if it employed the driver or if it was negligent in hiring, training, or supervising the driver
- The truck’s owner(if not the driver or trucking company), which may be held liable if the accident was caused by a mechanical failure attributed to deferred vehicle inspections or maintenance
- The freight company, which may be held responsible if an accident was caused by improper loading of cargo
- The truck mechanic, who would be responsible for improperly performed maintenance that causes an accident
- The truck manufacturer or parts manufacturer, either of which can be held responsible if a design or manufacturing defect caused the wreck
What Can You Recover in a North Myrtle Beach Truck Accident Claim?
After you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you can pursue full compensation for the losses you have suffered, including:
- Medical bills, such as ER visits, surgeries, physical therapy, and pain medications
- Lost income during recovery
- Loss of earning ability if injuries result in permanent disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life due to physical disability or scarring/disfigurement
- Repair or replacement expenses for your vehicle or other property damaged in the crash
Why Truck Accident Cases Are So Complex
Truck accident victims often encounter more complexity in their cases than they might expect. Some of the reasons why truck accident claims become more complicated than your average motor vehicle accident claim include:
- More liable parties – The potential for multiple individuals and companies to share in the responsibility for a truck crash can make it more difficult to resolve liability and obtain compensation from those at fault.
- More injured victims – Truck accidents have the potential to involve multiple vehicles, possibly resulting in many people suffering injuries and losses. Competing claims for compensation from multiple injured crash victims can also complicate your case.
- More serious injuries – If you have suffered serious injuries that require expensive or long-term care, it can complicate the resolution of your case if you are still undergoing treatment.
- Greater amounts of evidence – Determining how a truck accident occurred usually involves reviewing the documents that are generated in operating a semi-truck, including driver logs, driver employment records, electronic data recorder logs, load manifests, inspection reports, and maintenance reports.
- Complex insurance structures – Many trucking companies have complex corporate structures or insurance policies with layered coverage that can make it challenging to identify what financial resources may be available to provide you compensation.
It is crucial to have a highly qualified North Myrtle Beach truck accident attorney on your side from the very beginning to help you navigate the complex claims process.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
The size of an 18-wheeler means these vehicles inflict significant force in a collision. These forces can be higher when an accident takes place at highway speed. As a result, truck wrecks tend to result in significant injuries for those involved.
Examples of common truck accident injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Muscle and tendon strains and tears
- Herniated discs
- Whiplash injuries
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Road rash
- Burns or smoke inhalation injuries from fires caused by an accident
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in North Myrtle Beach
Safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle requires considerable training, skill, and care by the truck driver and trucking companies. Careless or reckless actions can easily lead to a crash.
Some of the most frequent causes of truck accidents in North Myrtle Beach include:
- Speeding, or driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to signal before turning or changing lanes
- Failure to check mirrors and monitor blind spots
- Running stop signs and red lights
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving, often due to a truck driver exceeding their hours-of-service limitations
- Inexperience with operating a commercial truck
- Unfamiliarity with routes, which can result in drivers getting lost and becoming distracted or ending up on streets unsafe for trucks
- Inadequate or deferred truck maintenance or inadequate vehicle inspections
- Design or manufacturing defects
- Poor road conditions
- Unsafe, unsecured, or unbalanced cargo loads
- Adverse weather
Call a North Myrtle Beach Semi-Truck Accident Attorney at Jebaily Law Firm
If you were hurt in a collision caused by a semi-truck driver or another trucking entity in North Myrtle Beach, you may be eligible for financial compensation for your losses. Contact a North Myrtle Beach semi-truck accident attorney at Jebaily Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation.