If you sustained a spinal cord injury in an accident someone else caused in North Myrtle Beach, the Jebaily Law Firm is ready to help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries.
Spinal cord injuries are often debilitating. Severe spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis below the location of the damage. It can disrupt every aspect of your life while you try to recover. The damage might be permanent and lead to long-term consequences.
Although you might face significant struggles after the injury, you don’t have to go through this alone. The North Myrtle Beach spinal cord injury attorneys at Jebaily Law Firm are prepared to help you hold the negligent party liable while you get the necessary treatment. Our spinal cord injury lawyers have over 100 years of combined legal experience, giving us the skills and knowledge to provide effective representation for you.
Contact us for a free case review today to get started on your case.
What Is a Spinal Cord Injury?
A spinal cord injury occurs when there’s damage to the tight bundle of nerves and cells responsible for sending and receiving signals from the brain and transmitting those signals to the rest of the body. The extent of a person’s disability depends on the injury site and the severity of the damage.
Trauma to the spinal cord can damage the nerve fibers in the affected part of the body. Improvement is possible for some types of spinal cord injuries with consistent and appropriate rehabilitation and other treatment. However, permanent paralysis can occur, leading to a loss of movement and sensation below the injury site. It can affect one or both sides of the body, one or multiple limbs, or everything from the waist or neck down.
Spinal cord injuries cause numerous symptoms depending on the type and severity. The symptoms could include:
- Pressure or pain in the neck, back, or head
- Tingling, numbness, or loss of or changes in sensation in the feet and hands
- Trouble breathing
- Unnatural positions of the head or spine
- Loss of movement
- Changes in sexual function
- Paralysis either immediately after the damage or developing over time from bleeding and swelling
- Difficulty walking
- Weakness or inability to move body parts
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
What Are the Long-Term Effects of a Spinal Cord Injury?
A severe or permanent spinal cord injury can cause long-term complications, such as:
- Persistent pain
- Inability to regulate body temperature or blood pressure
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sexual dysfunction
- Hyperactive reflexes and stiff muscles
- Increased risk of lung or heart problems
- Shortening of the tendons, muscles, joint capsules, or ligaments
What Accidents Can Cause a Spinal Cord Injury in North Myrtle Beach?
Any type of accident that causes a sudden blow or trauma to the spinal cord can lead to a debilitating injury. The most common causes of spinal cord injuries include:
- Workplace accidents
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Falls from heights
- Getting struck by something
- Pedestrian accidents
- Malfunctioning equipment or machinery
- Getting caught between objects
- Slip-and-fall accidents
Who Could Be Liable for a Spinal Cord Injury?
You can hold the at-fault party accountable for causing your injury by pursuing legal action against them. The compensation you recover could pay for your medical care and other losses.
The type of accident you were in will determine the person or company you can hold liable. Common examples include:
- A driver who runs a red light and crashes into the side of your vehicle
- A property owner who doesn’t maintain the premises, leading to a fall down the stairs
- A contractor who leaves tools in a walkway and causes a construction worker to trip, fall, and injure their back
- A motorist who ignores right-of-way laws, striking a pedestrian with their car
- Multiple parties contributing to one accident, such as a trucking company hiring an inexperienced truck driver who causes a collision by speeding
- A manufacturer who supplies a faulty product that malfunctions while someone uses it
Potential Compensation in a Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit in North Myrtle Beach
You must have substantial evidence that proves someone else is at fault for your injury to recover compensation. Pursuing your case alone might not be the best option.
You should hire one of the spinal cord injury attorneys from Jebaily Law Firm. We can file a claim or lawsuit on your behalf and aggressively seek the maximum compensation you deserve.
You could be eligible for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Hospital stays, physical therapy, and other medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How Our North Myrtle Beach Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys Can Help You
A spinal cord injury can stir up a range of emotions and bring your life to a screeching halt. Instead of going about your usual routine, you suddenly face ongoing treatment to repair the damage to your spinal cord, improve muscle strength, and restore movement in your limbs.
The process of holding someone responsible for a devastating injury is overwhelming. When you hire Jebaily Law Firm, we can complete every necessary legal task so you can focus solely on your doctor’s recommended treatment plan.
We can handle all parts of your case, such as:
- Talking to witnesses to determine how the incident occurred
- Reviewing the available insurance coverage
- Providing personalized services to meet your needs
- Protecting your rights and advocating on your behalf
- Filing a claim and communicating with the insurance company
- Gathering evidence to prove who should be liable for the accident
- Determining the value of your case and demanding the maximum financial award you deserve
- Negotiating for a settlement with the insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit if the insurer offers an unfair settlement or denies the claim
- Representing you during court proceedings and preparing your case for trial
Contact a North Myrtle Beach Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today
Jebaily Law Firm has represented injured people in South Carolina for over 40 years. We dedicate our time and resources to pursuing the best possible outcome for accident victims. When you’re our client, you will be our top priority and receive the necessary guidance and support until the end of your case.
If you sustained a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact us for a free consultation with a North Myrtle Beach spinal injury attorney.