Reckless drivers are a threat to everyone on North Myrtle Beach roads, and their actions frequently cause horrific accidents that leave victims with painful, expensive, and emotionally draining injuries. If you were hurt by a reckless driver in North Myrtle Beach, you shouldn’t have to pay the price of their bad decisions. Instead, you can hold them accountable and demand fair compensation for what you suffered with the help of a trusted lawyer like the ones at Jebaily Law Firm.
Our North Myrtle Beach reckless driving accident lawyers believe crash victims deserve justice. That’s why we work hard to fight for their rights and seek maximum compensation for their injuries. While you heal, our attorneys can investigate the accident, gather evidence to establish the reckless driver’s liability, and build a case against them. We’ll take care of all the legal legwork so you can rest and recover. And we’ll do it without any upfront cost to you. Instead, we only get paid if and when we secure compensation for you.
Understanding Reckless Driving in North Myrtle Beach, SC
South Carolina law defines reckless driving as the operation of a vehicle with “willful or wanton disregard” for the safety of other people or property. By this definition, reckless driving goes a step beyond mere negligence, which is the failure to exercise reasonable care. “Recklessness” implies that someone is aware of the risks of their behavior but knowingly chooses to act carelessly anyway.
Common Injuries Caused by Reckless Driving Accidents in North Myrtle Beach
Reckless driving accidents in North Myrtle Beach frequently cause devastating injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Bruises and lacerations
- Internal organ injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Amputated or crushed limbs
- Severe burns
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Types of Reckless Driving
Depending on the circumstances, the term “reckless driving” can apply to a wide range of driving behaviors, such as:
- Exceeding posted speed limits
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Weaving through traffic
- Cutting off other vehicles
- Making aggressive or unsafe lane changes
- Intentional tailgating
- Intimidating other drivers
- Brake-checking other vehicles
- Attempting to run others off the road
- Street racing
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Not stopping at a stop sign, traffic light, or intersection
- Not yielding the right of way to others when required
- Driving the wrong way down a one-way road
Compensation for People Hurt by Reckless Drivers
The value of your reckless driving accident claim can vary considerably depending on factors like the severity of your injuries, whether anyone other than the reckless driver shares liability, and the amount of insurance coverage available. With a successful reckless driving crash claim, you could receive compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and reduced future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Damaged personal property
Steps to Take After a Reckless Driving Accident in North Myrtle Beach, SC
If you are involved in a reckless driving accident in South Carolina, what you do next can have significant implications for your legal claim. Here’s what you can do to protect your rights in the aftermath of a reckless driving collision:
- Document the accident scene before you leave to seek medical attention, if possible, or ask someone to do so for you. Jot down the names and contact details of the other driver and any eyewitnesses, take pictures of the scene and your injuries, and note the location of nearby traffic cameras.
- See a doctor, follow their prescribed care plan closely, and save all medical records.
- Hold on to all documentation of your accident-related expenses, including copies of your medical records, healthcare bills, pay stubs, and car repair estimates.
- Do not post any updates or photos from the crash on social media. No matter how secure you think your accounts are, insurance companies will try to find your posts, twist them, and use them against you.
- Never accept settlement offers, sign agreements, or provide recorded statements for the insurance companies before consulting an attorney.
- Talk to our North Myrtle Beach reckless driving accident lawyers as soon as possible.
How to Choose the Right Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer
Here are a few things to look for as you search for a reckless driving accident lawyer for your case:
- Experience – Choose an attorney who has experience with reckless driving accident cases and a proven track record of successful outcomes. Real-world experience with similar situations can be vitally important for your case.
- Reputation – Research every prospective attorney’s reputation within the community. Look for positive client testimonials, online reviews, and any professional accolades or awards they have won.
- Communication – Select an attorney who is responsive, patient, and willing to answer your questions. Open and honest communication is essential during every step of the accident claims process.
- Personal connection – You can schedule consultations to meet prospective attorneys before hiring them. You should feel comfortable with the lawyer on a personal level, as you’ll work closely with them throughout your case.
- Resources and support staff – Look for an attorney with a well-staffed law firm and the resources to investigate your case thoroughly, provide the individual attention you need, and build a strong argument for you.
- Fee structure – Make sure you understand an attorney’s fee structure before you hire them. Don’t make a decision unless you know what to expect financially. Our personal injury attorneys work on contingency, which means we collect a fee only if we win your case.
Contact Our North Myrtle Beach Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers Today
If a reckless driver injured you in North Myrtle Beach, SC, Jebaily Law Firm is ready to stand up and demand the compensation you deserve. Call us today or visit our contact page for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help.