Jobs with Highest Rates of Workers'
Law enforcement and
Reuse and recyclable
and steel workers
Fishers and related
Electrical power line
installers and repairers
Most Common Causes & Injuries
in these Professions
- Trip or slip and fall accidents
- Poor lighting
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Failure to provide fall protection
- Construction accidents
- Assaults or other acts of violence
by co-workers or third parties
- Poor instructions
- Struck-by incidents
- Failure to maintain work area
- Falling objects
- Crane accidents
- Backhoe accidents
- Heavy lifting
- Scaffolding collapses
- Forklift accidents
- Repetitive motions
- Defective equipment
- Caught-in-between incidents
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Failure to properly train employees
- Falls from heights
How to Avoid These Common Injuries
- Encourage all employees to stay alert at all times.
- Avoid distractions while working.
- Always wear all required safety gear.
- Make sure employees are trained properly on all essential functions.
- Follow instructions, especially in emergency situations.
- Have an accident prevention and wellness plan in place for employees.
- Invest in necessary protection equipment.
- Maintain adequate staffing.
- Inspect and maintain all company vehicles.
- Avoid taking any shortcuts with safety measures, and make an effort to monitor how safety measures are being enforced.
- Maintain a neat and orderly workplace.
- Always make all employees aware of any unsafe areas of practices.
- Make sure employees are using safe lifting practices.