Have you been injured in a car crash in South Carolina? You may be dealing with significant hospital bills and other expenses. If you find yourself unable to return to work, you likely have no way to pay your medical bills, rent or mortgage, auto loans, and other expenses. Insurance companies may try to blame you for the accident or get you to accept a small settlement now in exchange for waiving any injury claims.
Don’t let the accident derail your life, and don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you in a time of need. You need the experienced South Carolina car accident attorneys of Jebaily Law Firm on your side to fight for the other parties and insurance companies to provide you with the recovery you deserve.
Contact us by phone or online to schedule a free consultation with us today. We’ll provide a complimentary claim review and give you free advice about your best legal options.
The South Carolina car accident lawyers of Jebaily Law Firm are prepared to thoroughly and independently investigate your car accident to determine who is really at fault and then pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
In South Carolina, fault in car accident claims is decided under a standard called modified contributory negligence. Under that standard, a judge or jury decides, based on the evidence, what percentage each party was at fault for the accident.
Each party is then responsible for their percentage of the plaintiff’s damages. For example, if a jury finds a defendant 90 percent responsible for a car crash but finds the plaintiff 10 percent responsible, the defendant is liable for only 90 percent of the plaintiff’s damages. The plaintiff is liable for the remaining 10 percent they were responsible for the accident. In addition, South Carolina law does not permit plaintiffs to recover damages if they are found more responsible for the accident than all the other parties involved.
Injuries resulting from car accidents range in type and severity depending on the details of your crash. Some common car accident injuries include:
These injuries can require significant medical attention, sometimes for weeks or months after the accident. Some car accident injuries cause permanent disability.
Common driver-related causes of car accidents include:
Conditions on the road may also cause car accidents or contribute to driver-related causes of accidents, such as:
Finally, car accidents may be caused by mechanical issues, such as:
If you believe you have a claim for compensation from a car accident, you should speak with the injury lawyers of Jebaily Law Firm. Our attorneys are prepared to investigate your claim and prepare a strong case for compensation on your behalf.
Other drivers in the accident have likely contacted their own auto insurance companies, who will likely take over defending against your claim. In some cases, the other party accepts liability and the only question is the number of damages.
If your expenses exceed the limits of the other driver’s insurance policy, their insurance company may offer you the full limit. You will want to contact your insurance company for coverage under your underinsured motorist policy to cover the difference of your expenses in these cases. Your insurance company may offer to pay you in exchange for being able to pursue your claim against the other driver. Your insurance company can also provide you with personal injury protection, or PIP, to defray some of your medical expenses.
If the other parties don’t accept responsibility for the accident, you will have to file suit or proceed to arbitration to determine responsibility. As the facts become clear during the litigation process, many parties ultimately settle the matter out of court to avoid the expenses and risks of litigation. But if the parties can’t agree on responsibility or damages, the matter may proceed to an arbitration award or jury verdict that determines liability for the accident.
The South Carolina car accident lawyers of Jebaily Law Firm will immediately get to work to investigate your claim and document your expenses, whether you have been rear-ended, t-boned, had a head-on collision, or any type of car accident. We will fight to prove the other party’s responsibility for your injuries and seek the best recovery possible for your damages.
After a car accident, you should be focused on recovering from your injuries and continuing to provide for yourself and your family. Let us focus on pursuing the justice you deserve. Contact us by phone or online to learn more about your rights during a free, no-obligation consultation with our team today.