If you were hurt in a motorcycle crash in North Myrtle Beach, you may be saddled with overwhelming medical bills and other expenses. All too often, negligent drivers try to pin the blame on motorcyclists after serious accidents. This can make recovering the compensation you deserve difficult. Don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you. Talk to a North Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident lawyer about your legal rights.
Since 1969, the North Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident attorneys of Jebaily Law Firm have advocated for the rights and interests of bikers injured in crashes caused by reckless drivers. Our legal team’s century of combined professional experience means that our clients benefit from our deep knowledge and extensive resources. Let us put our skills to work for you.
Contact us today for a free initial case evaluation. We’ll be ready to discuss your legal rights and answer all your questions.
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident in NMB
If you’ve been injured in a North Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident, you might be entitled to financial compensation from the driver who hit you or some other party responsible for the accident. Financial recovery in a South Carolina motorcycle accident claim can include money for:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses such as physical rehabilitation, prescriptions, or medical equipment or devices
- Home health care and other costs incurred to help accommodate permanent disabilities caused by North Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident injuries
- Lost wages and loss of future earning potential and benefits
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of consortium, to compensate your spouse for the loss of your companionship and affection
- Property damage, such as repair or replacement costs for your motorcycle or other damaged property
Time Limit for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
South Carolina’s statute of limitations allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit up to three years after the accident. If you file a claim after the statute of limitations expires, the driver or other party at fault for the accident and your injuries may file a motion with the court to dismiss your claim permanently.
Three years may seem like a long time, but you should seek legal representation as soon as possible. Your attorney will need to preserve evidence from the crash and begin documenting your injuries from the start.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in North Myrtle Beach
Some of the most frequent causes of motorcycle crashes in North Myrtle Beach include:
- Tailgating, or a driver following a motorcyclist too closely
- Speeding drivers
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Left- or right-turn accidents, caused by failing to yield to a motorcycle
- Lane change accidents
- Failure to check blind spots
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries in North Myrtle Beach
Without the protection of a vehicle, such as seat belts or airbags, motorcycle crash victims often suffer catastrophic and life-threatening injuries. Examples of the kinds of injuries that riders sustain in North Myrtle Beach crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Internal organ damage, internal bleeding, or crush injuries
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Torn tendons or ligaments
- Head or neck injuries, including whiplash injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries, including ligament sprains, tendon strains, or herniated discs
- Pulled muscles or muscle tears
- Road rash, or the abrasions and burns caused by sliding along the pavement after being thrown from a motorcycle
- Traumatic amputation
Effects of Motorcycle Accidents and Injuries
In the days and weeks following a motorcycle accident, the injuries a person sustains may require intensive medical treatment in the hospital. This may include surgeries and other medical procedures to repair physical injuries such as broken bones, torn ligaments or tendons, skin abrasions, and burns. A motorcycle accident victim may also be put under observation or a medically induced coma if he or she suffered serious traumatic brain injuries.
Even after a victim has completed any necessary surgeries or immediate medical procedures, he or she might require weeks or months of inpatient physical and occupational rehabilitation to regain strength and relearn motor skills lost due to injuries. This is often followed by similar outpatient therapy regimens.
Motorcycle accident injuries can have life-altering effects. Accident victims might miss weeks or months of work while recovering from crash injuries. Some injuries cause permanent disabilities that render a person unable to return to work or earn the same level of income.
Quality of life might be impacted by scars or disfigurement. Permanent physical disabilities can interfere with daily living and the ability to partake in activities a victim previously enjoyed.
If someone else caused your motorcycle wreck, you deserve the best possible chance at recovery. An experienced North Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident attorney from Jebaily Law Firm can help you demand the maximum compensation you need to move forward with your life.
How Can Our North Myrtle Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Help You?
Our North Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident attorneys will work to take the pressure off you by:
- Recovering evidence from the crash that we can use to build a persuasive case proving the at-fault party’s liability for your injuries and losses
- Handling communications with the insurance companies and defense lawyers on your behalf so that you have an advocate for your interests while you focus on your treatment
- Advising you of your rights, options, and what fair and full compensation in your case looks like
- Negotiating aggressively for a motorcycle accident settlement that compensates you for your past, ongoing, and future expenses and losses
- Preparing your case for trial, if litigation becomes necessary to give you the best possible chance of maximum recovery
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in North Myrtle Beach, don’t wait to get the legal advice you need. Contact Jebaily Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our North Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident attorneys could help you.