The aftermath of a car accident can be an incredibly stressful time for you and your family. From finding a replacement vehicle to getting medical care for your injuries and dealing with insurance companies, it can feel like your whole world is crumbling around you.
Luckily you don’t have to go through this time alone. The Dillon car accident lawyers at Jebaily Law Firm are ready to stand up and fight to help you get the justice you deserve.
You may think that resolving your car accident claim is a simple procedure, especially if the other driver was entirely at fault. The reality is, these types of cases are often more complicated than they appear. Insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying you the full amount of compensation you need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to the accident.
Our Dillon car accident attorneys can’t go back in time and stop the responsible party from being careless, reckless or otherwise negligent, but we can take action to protect your future.
You have legal rights and options, and our Dillon car accident lawyers are ready to discuss your case for free. Our team of skilled attorneys have decades of experience handling car accident and will seek every dollar you deserve.
Contact Jebaily Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Dillon
At Jebaily Law Firm, we go to work every day prepared to fight for people who’ve been hurt in car accidents in Dillon and across South Carolina. Our team of car accident attorneys has the necessary experience and resources to handle all types of car accident cases, including:
- Distracted driving accidents, including those caused by texting or talking on a cellphone
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Drunk or intoxicated driving accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Speeding and aggressive driving crashes
- Failure to stop or yield right-of-way
- Intersection accidents
- Rideshare (Uber/Lyft) accidents
- Brake failure and other defective auto parts
- Defective roadways
- Design or manufacturing defects
To give yourself the best chance at recovering maximum compensation for your injuries, make sure not to talk or interact with insurance companies following your accident. Adjusters will try to get you to admit fault or accept their first settlement that won’t be near enough.
Our Dillon trial attorneys will be prepared to do whatever it takes to pursue the fair compensation you’re owed. This means negotiating aggressively for a settlement or taking your case to trial if necessary.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries in Dillon
Depending on many factors, car accident injuries can range in severity from minor scrapes and bruises to debilitating injuries that require long-term rehabilitation and care. The financial burden that many of the more severe injuries can place on victims and their families is often too much to handle without recovering damages.
Our Dillon car accident attorneys will help you recover the financial compensation you need to pay for medical care, lost wages, and other damages. Call us today if you’ve suffered any of the following or other injuries due to an accident:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries – Whiplash is an injury to the muscles and ligaments in the neck and is one of the most common car accident injuries. It’s often the result of a rear-end collision where the force of the collision causes the head to jerk forward and then violently snap back. Whiplash can cause chronic pain and even problems with concentration or sleep.
- Spinal cord and back injuries – The spinal cord is responsible for every movement in the human body and can be severely damaged in a car accident. This includes damage to the vertebrae or spinal disks, resulting in a lifetime of pain or loss of feeling and movement.
- Paralysis – Serious spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis, including paraplegia, tetraplegia, or even quadriplegia.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – Any damage, bruising, or bleeding to the brain. This also includes concussions, though they are considered mild TBIs. Serious TBIs can be chronic and result in a lifetime of pain and disabilities that may prevent you from working or maintaining relationships.
- Chest and abdominal injuries – Includes ruptures or tears to the diaphragm, liver, spleen, kidneys, and other vital internal organs that require immediate medical care. Internal bleeding and injuries can be dangerous because they aren’t always detected right away.
- Broken bones – Car accidents often result in broken collar bones, ribs, and bones in the appendages.
- Burns – Whether from exposure to fire or contact with hot metal, burns are a common car accident injury that could require skin grafts and years of additional medical care.
- Cuts, lacerations, and bruises – Soft tissue cuts and bruises typically heal quickly, but deep lacerations and contusions can cause severe scarring and disfigurement. Cuts to the eyes can result in partial or complete loss of vision.
- Emotional injuries – The emotional trauma and turmoil of a car accident can last far longer than some physical injuries. Depending on the severity of your accident, you may suffer from PTSD and depression.
Any of these injuries may require extensive medical care, including surgery, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. The cost of medical care compounded with the inability to work can leave you and your family in dire financial circumstances. Contact our Dillon car accident attorneys today and take the first step in recovering monetary compensation.
When Should I Seek Medical Attention Following a Dillon Car Accident?
For victims who have been severely injured in a car crash, the choice of whether to see a doctor or not is made for them when emergency services arrive at the scene, but that decision isn’t always clear. Some accident victims show no immediate signs of pain or discomfort after an accident and have no idea that they might be injured and need medical care.
To counter the stress of an accident, the human body is temporarily flooded with adrenaline and endorphins that act as powerful painkillers. These chemicals eventually dissipate once the mind has had enough time to recover from the stress of the accident. At that point, the heightened level of energy is slowly overtaken with pain. In some cases, injuries don’t reveal themselves for several days or even weeks or months after an accident.
In general, anyone who has been involved in a collision should seek a thorough medical examination following a car accident to be safe. Still, you should see a doctor if you are experiencing pain, dizziness, numbness, or any other symptoms that don’t feel right. It’s common for people to assume injuries are minor, and they will heal on their own, but these discomforts could be symptoms of more severe injuries.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Dillon, SC Today
The weeks and months following a car accident should be spent focusing on your recovery. You can’t do that worrying about how you’re going to pay your medical bills or put food on the table.
Let our Dillon car accident lawyers handle every aspect of your case so you can move past this unfortunate moment in your life. Contact Jebaily Law Firm by calling us or by filling out an online form and take control of your future.