For nearly five decades, the skilled personal injury lawyers and hard-working staff members of Jebaily Law Firm have fought for accident victims, injured workers and their families in Darlington and throughout South Carolina.

Personal Injury Law Firm in Darlington, SC

Our personal injury lawyers seek compensation for clients in a wide range of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including those that involve:

  • Car Accidents
  • Truck Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents

We also help injured and ill workers to seek South Carolina workers’ compensation benefits. Our founding attorney, Ronald J. Jebaily, is a recipient of the S.C. Workers’ Compensation Educational Association’s “Lifetime Service Award.”

Jebaily Law Firm also works extensively with disabled individuals and their families in Darlington, helping them to pursue Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits.

If you suffered an injury at work, on the road or in any another incident in Darlington, make your first call to Jebaily Law Firm. We will provide a free, timely and confidential consultation about your case. We will charge no fees unless we secure a verdict or settlement for you or obtain the benefits you deserve.

Get Help from Our Darlington Personal Injury Attorneys Today

  • Ronald J. Jebaily “hung a shingle” at our office in nearby Florence in 1969 upon his graduation from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Our law firm has grown tremendously since that time. Today, we feature a staff of five attorneys with more than 100 years of combined legal experience.
  • George D. Jebaily is the lead attorney for the Personal Injury Team at Jebaily Law Firm, and in 2014 was elected as an at–large member of Florence City Council.
  • Rangeley C. Bailey focuses on clients who need help with Social Security Disability and people that have been injured in car accidents.
  • Suzanne H. Jebaily focuses on Workers’ Compensation law.
  • Brian S. Yost practices in the areas of Personal Injury and Family Law.

Our attorneys, along with our staff members, are dedicated to providing the highest level of client service. We handle cases that are litigated in state and federal courts throughout South Carolina. We also represent clients in hearings before the S.C. Workers’ Compensation Commission and in Social Security Administration (SSA) hearings at Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) offices in Charleston and Columbia.

Our firm has prevailed in precedent-setting cases in the Supreme Court of South Carolina and obtained numerous six- and seven-figure results for our clients. See our results for examples of the cases we handle.

What Can You Expect in a Free Consultation?

Every case starts with a free consultation. We typically meet at our office at 291 W. Evans Street in downtown Florence. Whether you take U.S. 52, E. McIver Road or Ebenezer Road, we are just a short drive from the City of Darlington. However, we can also provide a consultation at your home, the hospital or any other location that is most convenient for you.

When you meet with us, we will want to learn more about what happened to you. We may ask questions about where and when your injury occurred and whether there were any eyewitnesses. We also will want to know about the nature and extent of what happened to you.

Of course, we want you to feel free to ask us questions, too. Many of our clients want to know:

  • Do you have experience with cases like mine?
  • How long will my case take?
  • Will I need to go to court?
  • What is my case worth?
  • Does it matter if I was partly responsible?
  • How much does a lawyer cost?

We will be glad to answer as many questions as you have about our firm and about your case. As we move forward together, our firm will pay close attention to what is important to you, keep you regularly updated and promptly respond to your questions.

How Can Our Personal Injury Attorneys Help You in Darlington?

We want you to focus on your physical and emotional recovery. Meanwhile, we will immediately start work on your case. Our services include:

  • Investigating your case. We can work with investigators, accident reconstruction experts, legal nurse consultants, life-care planners and other consultants. They can help us to determine what happened to you, identify who should be held responsible for your injuries and assess the amount we should seek in just compensation for you.
  • Filing all required documents. We can file an insurance claim and, if necessary, we will file a lawsuit and all other required paperwork in the proper court. Note: If your accident and injury occurred in Darlington or in a nearby community such as Hartsville, Lamar or Society Hill, your lawsuit would likely be filed in the Fourth Judicial Circuit. The Court of Common Pleas is the Darlington County Circuit Court branch that has jurisdiction over civil cases in which the value at stake exceeds $7,500. The Court of Common Pleas and Clerk of Court are located at the Darlington County Courthouse at 1 Public Square in downtown Darlington.
  • Demanding a full and fair settlement of your claim. We will carefully prepare your case and present a demand to the at-fault party’s insurance company. We often secure compensation for our Darlington clients through a settlement, which avoids the need to go to trial.
  • Presenting a strong case in the courtroom. If we do not reach a settlement before your trial date arrives, we will be ready to advocate for you in court. Our experienced trial lawyers know how to present compelling cases to juries. However, even as a trial progresses, settlement talks can (and often do) continue.
  • Timely collecting and disbursing funds. We know you want to move on and put your case behind you. We will work efficiently to collect the judgment or settlement in your case, resolve any liens placed on your recovery and disburse the funds owed to you.

Again, we take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you will pay no upfront costs or owe any legal fees unless we obtain a financial recovery for you.

When you work with Jebaily Law Firm, you will work directly with your lawyer from start to finish. You can expect your attorney to get to know you on a personal level and to work with you as a partner throughout your case.

Car Accident Lawyer in Darlington SC

Even if you are a safe driver, you can still get into a car, truck or motorcycle wreck in Darlington. Unfortunately, we share the road with many careless and reckless drivers.

The most recent S.C. Department of Public Safety statistics show that, during the course of a single year in Darlington, there were:

  • 846 – Property-damage only motor vehicle collisions.
  • 465 – Injury-causing collisions.
  • 11 – Fatal collisions.

Some areas in Darlington are more dangerous than others. For instance, the Hoffmeyer Road/U.S. Highway 401 intersection in southern Darlington County was the site of more than 50 accidents over a recent five-year span, according to SC Now.

If you were recently involved in a car accident in Darlington, you should take these steps:

  1. Get medical attention.
    Your health is important. Even if you do not believe you suffered a serious injury, you should get examined. You may have suffered a concussion, soft tissue injury or spinal injury without recognizing the symptoms. McLeod Health is among the medical care providers that serve Darlington.
  2. Report your accident.
    Report your crash to your insurance company. Within 15 days after an accident, the insurer will need to submit a green form, FR-10, to the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV).
  3. Get a copy of your accident report.
    The police accident report will play a role in the investigation of your case. You can request a copy from the law enforcement agency that responded to your wreck such as:

    • Darlington Police Department
      400 Pearl Street
      Darlington, S.C. 29532
      (843) 398-4026
    • Darlington County Sheriff’s Office
      1621 Harry Byrd Highway
      Darlington, SC 29532
      (843) 398-4501
    • South Carolina Highway Patrol – Darlington Patrol Office
      2200 East BoBo Newsome Highway
      Hartsville, S.C. 29550
      (843) 383-6382To request a copy from the SCDMV, you can mail a Form FR-50 and a $6 check or money order to:

      • SCDMV
        Office of Financial Responsibility
        P.O. Box 1498
        Blythewood, S.C. 29016
  4. Gather and keep all accident-related items.
    Collect any eyewitness information and photos from the accident scene. You should also keep copies of medical bills and receipts of other accident-related expenses.
  5. Write down what you recall.
    You should write down what you remember about the accident. It will help to jog your memory later on.
  6. Consult with a lawyer.
    An auto accident attorney will take immediate steps to protect your rights and seek compensation you may be due for your injuries and losses.

If another driver’s negligence caused your accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your past and future medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and more.

After a wreck, the other driver’s insurance company may contact. The insurer may ask you to give a recorded statement and request access to your medical records. You should never give a recorded statement or sign any papers without first calling Jebaily Law Firm to find out your rights.

Were You Hurt at Work in Darlington?

Many Pee Dee residents work in manufacturing for companies such as Sonoco, Honda of South Carolina, Perdue Farms, Schaeffler Group and AVX Corporation. Additionally, with Darlington Raceway, the area has a thriving motorsports industry.

However, manufacturing, motorsports and many other industries in the region carry the risk of getting hurt on the job.

If you suffer a work-related injury or illness in Darlington, you may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Make sure to take these three steps:

  1. Give notice to your employer.
    You must give notice to your employer within 90 days after an accident or within 90 days after you discover an illness (such as through a definitive diagnosis) or could have discovered it by “exercising reasonable diligence.” If you fail to give timely notice, you could lose your right to workers’ compensation benefits.
  2. Get medical attention.
    As with a car accident, you should see a doctor without delay. Workers’ compensation should cover all of your work injury- or illness-related medical expenses. However, to be covered by workers’ comp, you must go to a medical care provider that your employer or its workers’ compensation insurer chooses.
  3. File a worker’s compensation claim.
    The S.C. Workers’ Compensation Commission is the agency that administers the state’s workers’ compensation system. Your employer should report your injury or illness to the Commission.However, if the employer fails to file a report, or if you do not receive the full amount of benefits you are due, you can file a claim on your own. You will need to submit a Form 50 to:

    • S.C. Workers’ Compensation Commission
      P.O. Box 1715
      Columbia, S.C. 29202-1715If you request a hearing, you will need to include a $25 fee. You must file your claim within two years from the date of your accident or within two years from the date of discovery or the diagnosis of your illness.

Jebaily Law Firm can carefully guide you through the workers’ compensation claims process. We will pursue the benefits you deserve. Additionally, we can help you to explore other options. You may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits or have the right to file a third-party liability claim.

How Can We Help with Your Darlington Disability Claim?

We know the worries that people face when a physical or mental impairment keeps them from being able to work. At Jebaily Law Firm, we help disabled individuals in Darlington and surrounding areas to seek the Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits that can help them to get through tough times in their lives. We want to help you, too.

SSD benefits are monthly payments. To qualify for these benefits, you must meet certain work history requirements. If you do not meet those requirements, you may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Your eligibility will depend on your income and assets. You can count on Jebaily Law Firm to thoroughly review your case and explore all options available to you.

To receive SSD benefits, your condition must meet the Social Security Administration’s definition of a “disability.” Generally, this means that you must be unable to earn money due to a medical condition that has lasted for 12 straight months or is expected to last for at least 12 straight months or to result in death.

Jebaily Law Firm can collect and analyze your medical and work records, talk with your doctor and take many other steps to determine if your condition meets the SSA’s definition of a “disability.” We can also help you to apply for benefits in one of three ways:

  • Online – You can use the application form at the SSA website.
  • Phone – You can call the SSA at (800) 772-1213 or (800) 325-0778 (TTY) and then send in your documentation by mail.
  • In person – You can visit your local SSA field office. If you are a Darlington resident, the nearest office would be at 181 Dozier Boulevard in Florence. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (except it closes at noon on Wednesdays). You can call the office directly at (888) 385-1173 or (843) 667-6571.

South Carolina Disability Determination Services (DDS), which has nearby offices in West Columbia and Charleston, will process your application. If DDS denies your claim, Jebaily Law Firm will help you to appeal by filing a request for reconsideration with DDS and, if necessary, asking for a hearing before an administrative law judge. Our SSD benefits lawyers often represent clients in hearings at two ODAR offices near Darlington:

  • North Charleston ODAR
    3875 Faber Place Drive, Suite 300
    North Charleston, S.C. 29405
    (877) 405-1467
  • Columbia ODAR
    101 Executive Center Drive, Suite 215
    Columbia, S.C. 29210
    (866) 399-6950

We help many clients to get their claims approved at the hearing stage. However, if you need to appeal further, we can represent you before the SSA Appeals Council in Falls Church, Virginia.

If you suffer from a work-related injury or illness, Jebaily Law Firm can help you to seek both SSD benefits and any S.C. workers’ compensation benefits that you are eligible to receive.

Get Help from Our Darlington Personal Injury Lawyers Today

If you get hurt in an auto accident, workplace accident or other incident in Darlington, contact Jebaily Law Firm. We have served Darlington residents since 1969. We can provide a free consultation and get to work on your case today.