If you were hurt in an accident on private, public, or commercial property in North Myrtle Beach, you should not be forced to pay for someone else’s negligence. You may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses related to your injury.
The dedicated North Myrtle Beach premises liability lawyers at Jebaily Law Firm have more than 100 years of combined experience fighting for people just like you. We have the skills and the resources to hold negligent property owners and managers accountable when people suffer injuries that could have been prevented.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a trusted premises liability lawyer in North Myrtle Beach.
What Is Premises Liability?
When a property owner or manager fails to take reasonable steps to ensure that their premises are safe for visitors, severe accidents can happen. If the property owner or manager failed to either identify and address a known hazard or adequately warn you of a danger you might face, they could owe you compensation for your injuries and other losses.
It’s worth noting that just because you were injured on someone else’s property doesn’t mean you’ll automatically have a premises liability claim. To recover compensation, you will need to prove that you were injured because the property owner was negligent in some way. That means that they knew or should have known about the hazards on the property that caused your injury, and they failed to take reasonable steps to protect you from harm.
Who Is Responsible for Damages in Premises Liability Accidents?
The property owner or manager could be at fault if someone is injured due to a hazardous condition. Landlords and property owners in South Carolina must keep their property safe for any visitors, guests, tourists, customers, employees, and clients.
If property owners fail to fulfill this obligation, then their actions (or failure to act) might be considered negligent. As such, they could be held responsible under South Carolina law for the victims’ injuries and related losses.
Common Types of Premises Liability Cases in North Myrtle Beach
Both residential and commercial property owners’ negligence can lead to accidents. Some of the most common types of premises liability incidents in North Myrtle Beach include:
- Waterpark Premises Liability Cases: Thousands of people visit waterparks in North Myrtle Beach every year, and accidents are common. If drowning or another water-related injury occurs due to property owner negligence, victims or their loved ones can pursue compensation.
- Amusement Park Premises Liability Cases: Like waterparks, North Myrtle Beach amusement parks are visited by floods of people each year. The owners of amusement parks (often a corporation) must ensure that rides are safe, properly maintained, and regularly inspected.
- Hotel Premises Liability Cases: When hotel owners fail to warn guests of hazards or fail to properly maintain and repair problems on the property, they could be held liable if a guest or visitor is injured.
- Restaurant Premises Liability Cases: Restaurant owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for customers. If a customer at a restaurant slips and falls because of a wet floor that hasn’t been wiped down, for instance, then the owner of the restaurant could be held liable for the resulting injuries.
- Department Store Premises Liability Cases: Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents occur frequently in stores. Some other examples of negligence on the part of a store owner or manager could be falling merchandise, torn carpeting that creates a tripping hazard, and broken stairs or handrails.
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases: A slip and fall accident could occur almost anywhere due to slick, slippery, or wet surfaces. If a guest or customer slips and falls because the property owner failed to clean up or remove a hazard, then the property owner might be held responsible for damages.
- Negligent Security Premises Liability Cases: If a property owner failed to secure the premises reasonably and an act of violence occurred, then the property owner could be held accountable for the victim’s losses through a negligent security claim.
- Swimming Pool Premises Liability Cases: Swimming is a popular summer pastime in North Myrtle Beach, but swimming pool accidents are unfortunately prevalent and sometimes lead to severe injury or death.
Compensation for Premises Liability Claims in South Carolina
If you were injured due to a dangerous condition on someone else’s property, you might be entitled to fair compensation. As soon as possible, contact an experienced North Myrtle Beach premises liability attorney to discuss your legal rights.
In a premises liability case, you could be owed money for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Travel costs for therapy and rehabilitation
- Costs of medical devices and prescription medication
- Loss of income from time missed from work
- Lost earning capacity for the future
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
What Should I Do If I Was Injured as a Tourist in North Myrtle Beach?
Being injured in an accident on vacation can be frightening and stressful, particularly because you’re away from home and your personal medical providers.
- First, you’ll need to report the incident to the property owner. It is best to do so in writing.
- Make sure to seek medical care right away to get your injuries diagnosed and treated. This will also create an official medical record.
- You should preserve the clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident, including your shoes (which are particularly crucial in a slip, trip, or fall claim). Don’t wash or clean these items, and instead preserve them exactly as they were at the time of the accident.
- Then turn to an experienced local premises liability attorney for help right away. Even if you need to return to your hometown, having a local attorney who is familiar with the area can be advantageous.
At Jebaily Law Firm, we’ll handle all of the legal legwork for you, so you can focus on what is important ─ healing and getting back to your normal life.
Contact A North Myrtle Beach Premises Liability Lawyer
If you were injured in an accident on someone else’s property, contact the North Myrtle Beach premises liability attorneys at Jebaily Law Firm. We will review your case for free, and we handle premises liability claims on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you won’t pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us or reach out to us online for your free case review today.