Accidents that result in severe or catastrophic injuries are all too common in Lake City and surrounding parts of South Carolina. People who’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence should have access to seasoned, professional legal advice.
At Jebaily Law Firm, our attorneys are dedicated to providing the best service to our clients. We fight hard for South Carolinians who’ve been hurt by the recklessness and carelessness of others.
If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you have the right to seek compensation and justice. With the help of Jebaily Law Firm, the responsible parties could be forced to pay you for both economic and non-economic damages. Our Lake City personal injury attorneys want to aggressively seek full, fair compensation on your behalf for your medical expenses, lost salary or wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Begin your recovery today with a free consultation by calling us or contacting us online.
Lake City Injury and Accident Background and Statistics
On average, Lake City has lower crash and fatality rates than South Carolina as a whole. Nonetheless, according to publicly available data, 40 people have died in fatal accidents in Lake City between 1975 and 2017. Close to 100 Lake City residents were involved in these fatal accidents, including six pedestrians. Alcohol was involved in at least eight of the collisions.
According to the South Carolina Vital Records Data and Statistics, accidents were the third most common cause of death in the state. In 2018, 3,368 South Carolinians lost their lives due to accidents. South Carolina makes death certificate data publicly available, which allows you to see the prevalence of various kinds of accidents in the state and in specific counties. In a single recent year, 1,033 South Carolina residents died in car crashes. Of those residents, 37 were in Florence County. Data shows that 98 residents of Florence County died as a result of accidents, including car crashes, falls, and other unspecified accidents.
If you have been injured in an accident in Lake City that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to recover the cost of your treatment and other damages you suffered. With the help of a Lake City personal injury lawyer, you can hold the person or business that hurt you legally responsible for their negligence.
Most Common Types of Accidents in Lake City
The death statistics published by the state for residents of Florence County reveal just how Lake City loses its citizens to accidents.
- Total: 98
- Motor vehicle accidents: 37
- Accidental poisoning and exposure to noxious substances: 32
- Other and unspecified non-transport accidents and their sequelae: 11
- Accidental exposure to smoke, fire, and flames: 7
- Accidental drowning and submersion: 4
- Water, air, and space, and other and unspecified transport accidents: 1
- Falls: 3
- Other land transport accidents: 2
- Accidental discharge of firearms: 1
Our Lake City personal injury attorney at Jebaily Law Firm can help you if you’ve lost a family member due to an accident that was someone else’s fault. By pursuing a wrongful death claim, we can recover the costs of your loved one’s treatment, funeral expenses, and other damages you and your family suffered.
Injuries That Result from These Accidents
Collisions are the most common cause of accidental death in Lake City. Car crashes also commonly cause injuries, from relatively minor bruises and scrapes to catastrophic injuries like paralysis. If a reckless driver or another party, like a negligent homeowner who made you slip and fall, injured you, you can hold that person responsible.
Common injuries caused by accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries and internal trauma, like internal bleeding and contusions
- Broken bones, including fractures and crush injuries
- Catastrophic extremity injuries, including amputation
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and concussion
- Spinal injuries, such as paralysis
- Neck injuries, like whiplash
Not every injury is appropriate for a personal injury claim. But if you or your family member were injured in an accident that was due to someone else’s negligence, you can demand that they pay for your treatment, the work you missed, and other non-economic damages.
How Can Our Lake City Personal Injury Attorney Help You?
By hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer Lake City, SC, injury victims can begin the process of healing after an accident. No lawyer can take away the difficult, painful experience of the accident or its aftermath. But a talented attorney can take away the tedious discussions with insurance companies and lessen the pressure of mounting bills.
Personal injury attorneys investigate your injury so that they understand who caused it. If a person or business acted recklessly or negligently, like driving drunk or leaving a hazard in a public space, your lawyer can argue that they are liable, or legally responsible, for your injury.
Once your attorney at Jebaily Law Firm is confident of your position, they can demand that the at-fault party and their insurance company compensate you financially for their negligence. You could win a settlement that pays for your past and future medical bills, the money you lost when you couldn’t work, damaged property, and your pain and suffering.
How to Get Started with Your Case
If you want to recover not only the money you lost due to your injury but also to have a feeling of security and closure, an attorney can help you. At Jebaily Law Firm, a dedicated Lake City personal injury attorney will make sure the person or business who hurt you knows what they did, which may help prevent future accidents.
Here are some steps you can take to have the best chance of winning your claim:
- Report the accident. Whether you slipped and fell in a store or were involved in a truck crash, notify the appropriate authorities, like store management or the police.
- Seek medical treatment immediately. Don’t wait to go to the doctor, and be sure that you get a thorough checkup.
- Keep everything. Don’t throw away any insurance statements, doctor’s reports, or anything else related to your case.
- Avoid making statements. Insurance companies will try to minimize what they pay, and sometimes they do that by manipulating your statements.
- Contact a qualified lawyer. Your attorney will thoroughly investigate your case and build a strong claim on your behalf.
Contact Jebaily Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation About Your Case
You deserve to move on after your accident with a full medical and financial recovery. The Jebaily Law Firm can help you hold the negligent party accountable for their actions or inaction and get you the justice you’re owed.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation and find out what we can do for you.